Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Entry

Hello everyone!
Welcome to my blog. At first I wasn't exactly sure what to do for this class assignment so I got to thinking about the true meaning of what I think propaganda is as well as it's goals. When I first registered for this course for some reason when I thought of propaganda I thought of the Beatles and the messages embedded within their music. Then the idea came to me to dedicate this blog to analyzing various songs from today and yesteryear. I will look at the message that the song is trying to present and relate it to an issue that comes up in class , in the news or in my own life. The goal of propaganda is to persuade people to believe in a certain something and in my opinion music is extremely if not the most powerful method in getting a message across in a 2010 society.

No comments:

Post a Comment